Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Watchtower



So this is a photo I took on my trip to Destin about two or three years ago. Walking down the beach near the base there, I saw this majestic bird silently peering over its domain. I took several pictures, being very careful not to disturb it, and parted ways. I edited the picture significantly on photoshop and like it a lot. It's such a soft contrasting picture with plenty of elements that make the eye move plenty around the photo. I put this up just now in memory of my photo teacher, Mr. Myers, who recently passed away. Without his guidance and inspiration, I would have never displayed such a picture and had the great summer with my camera. Though I wasn't his best student, I hope he knows he's the greatest man i've come across in life and will leave a mark on my life. Thanks Mr. Myers.

No comments: