Monday, January 25, 2010

True Definition

This is an 18x24 oil on canvas. They are "portraits" of some cool kids. I used plain oil out of the tube for this one and am somewhat satisfied with it. The composition is cool. The colors are cool. But there is no likeness!!! It bothers me and I don't know what to do. The tree in the background consists of newspaper scraps. The general background is of the school. I tried to mess around with line with this one, putting some here and there on the building, tree, and even the people. I left the sky and the tip of her hair blank. The white is starting to symbolize some sort of undefined status. I exposed the colors in their skins, a lot..!, and made the background common so as to communicate to the viewer that they live in a boring, common world. They're just cool like that. Tips, advice, comments, rebuttles?

No comments: