Monday, January 25, 2010

White No. 8


This is an 18x24 oil on canvas portrait of....yeah....Anyways, my favorite! I played a lot with color on this one, and lack of it as well...This was my first piece in which I've actually tightened my craftsmanship. The composition of it is great. Very resembling of the subject. Especially the mood. As with the rest of my concentration pieces, I left something blank. That something being the background. I added the yellow so it would flow better. But the reason for this being to show her completeness. Her definition. Her environment/atmosphere is not defined. Not good enough for her. She overpowers her surroundings. I am very fond to this piece. One of my masterpieces in my opinion. It won a 1st place in the Winter Art Show. As did every Senior. But this one also won me an Award Winner Status at the Birmingham-Southern Competition for High School Students. I submitted it into Scholastic as well. Thoughts?

No comments: