Thursday, July 9, 2009

Escape


This 18x24 oil on my very first handmade canvas is of me. We were focusing on foreshortening for this assignment and I thought it'd be cool to have my closet as the setting while showing, again, a very emotional view of myself. At that time I was feeling as if the world was caving in on me for some reason, so I used my bunch of clothes to portray that. I had been drawn away from color schemes a while back but thought it'd be artistic of me to face that challenge again. This was a real easy assignment and am proud to say I finished first because I obviously know my color tones, as defined by in class comments/whining of color tone. The use of texture was also touched on. This piece was in the Congressional Art Competition, but didn't win anything. I have had some weird comments on this so feel free to share.

No comments: