Thursday, July 9, 2009

No Eye for Nature


This is me. Actually, this is an 18x24 oil pastel of me with Saran Wrap around my head. Pretty cool project. First time where I played around with emotions rather than social commentary(though social commentary is still in this project). I focus on this line work that I had been messing around with for a couple of months at the time and made sure to play with color as well. I got stuck on the background but I decided to do the leaves so as to exhibit my commentary of how nature seems to be ignored quite often. The color was based on a previous color scheme that I had done in 8th grade but failed at. I gave it a second chance this time and succeeded. When I did this drawing it was during a real hard time for me and I was going through some emotional changes and the lines and color definitely show that. Overall, this piece rocked far more than I expected and I expected a lot. It shows a drastic change to my style. This piece actually was one of three (along with the Libertad and Nature Still Life piece that has been lost forever) that received honorable mention at the Regional Level of Scholastic Art and Writing. Comment if you will. I've been told it still needs more but I say to heck with that. Though input is appreciated.

No comments: