Friday, July 10, 2009

Untitled for now



While the rest of the girls in my art class were still occupying themselves with the foreshortening project, I decided to start this 18x24 oil pastel on paper. It is a shot I took of somewhere in Florida around Navarre Beach. The picture I took had great composition as one can see but the colors were a bit dry. Nevertheless, I replicated the picture and made it into a drawing that I think is awesome because of the color, composition, form, and line. A lot of experimentation was made with this project and I think the same techniques I found in it will be used in my future drawings. I wish it could be seen better but I had it wrapped in acetate and didn't want to unwrap it. Don't have a title for it yet but it might end up being part of a triptych.

No comments: